Advertisements
Advertisements
It's hard to estimate the time it will take. From the time we started fostering our first daughter to the time we were able to officially adopt her was 15 months (which is supposed to be very fast for foster-adopt though it didn't feel like it). Then we received our safe haven baby 8 months later. Before receiving her, we had also received a call saying we were one of a few families being considered for another safe haven baby. Because babies are so easy to place, they can take more things into consideration, like whether or not you can take time off from your job to bond with the new baby. I would say definitely keep in contact with your worker every couple of months.
Advertisements
Thanks GODOT15... We have been fostering for a year now and have been on the list for 3/4 of that time. I just spoke to adoption operations last week and they said the list is VERY long for infants/safe haven. I asked her if people wait for five years plus...and the answer was yes! I am a stay at home mom...so I am hoping that helps... It sounds like you were very fortunate in your experience. I am so hoping we will be too! In the meantime we will just try to be patient!!
:coffee: