Advertisements
Advertisements
I just wanted to start a new thread and see if we can bring this forum back to life as there have been no updates since last year.
My wife and I started the process in Jan 2012 with the taking care of business day.
We completed our Pride classes in March of 2012.
Our home was licensed and our Home Study completed in October of 2012.
We have had two calls for consideration and zero calls for placement.
Shout out if your in the process and let us know where you stand in the 'waiting game'. I know there have to be others out there as there were about a dozen couples who also finished their Pride classes with us. I'm sure that all our experience with the process would be helpful to each other and to those looking to start.
Advertisements
Finished Pride and turned in all the required paperwork, now we wait for a Licensing and a Home study worker.
Any news from others out there?
Hi fellow San Bernardino County people, I just wanted to say that things do work out for some people. I know some people dislike the county for whatever reasons, and no it's not the best system but we are proof that going through the county works. We have a court date to finalize our daughter in a couple weeks. AND we are going for a second adoption, and getting ready to update our home study, as the licensing worker has already been out here to approve. So those still waiting, keep faith and wishing you lots of luck from San Bernardino County.
Thanks for the update, Blankenship2426! This is wonderful news!! Congratulations to you and your family. Thank you for sharing your story and for the encouragement.
We have our home study worker and licensing worker coming out next week. Very excited!
Question for those of you with children and adopting... During the homestudy will the SW meet with your children? If so, how does it work? Questions they ask? Not sure what to tell my kids....
Thanks!
Advertisements
Happy New Year everyone! With no news here and nothing to report myself, I wish everyone well with their adoption adventure with the County of SB.
Our wait is over... Our newborn son came home at the end of October! (Sorry about the late post - we HAVE been busy :laundry: ) He is happy and healthy and is growing so fast!!
Before he came home, we were becoming frustrated at the wait, but it is true... when it's right it's right and the wait is nearly forgotten.
It was a long time coming and we know how hard the wait can be but there is hope. We were so lucky and never expected to be so blessed, but now we are proof it does happen!
We wish you good luck and happy phone calls!! :flowergift:
Congratulations Kubby!! How wonderful!!
We completed our home study and were licensed in November 2014. We are waiting for the home study to be approved. It has been two months and we haven't heard about an approval. Just waiting at this point.
Well wishes to all who are waiting!
Advertisements
Just wanted to check in and see how others were doing. We haven't heard from the county but have only been waiting for 4 months. Not long compared to others. Any updates ?
Well ... no update to report, though we are in the middle of renewing for the second time. After another quiet year, our SW finally suggested that we come in and update our file. I don't mean to be so negative, but I just wonder why she doesn't seem to want to help us...
While it is good news that we have had our license renewed, the visit with our socialworker was a joke and waste of our time. She informed us that we have little chance and after 3 years that the County usually closes the "case".
Advertisements
2btrout... Did your SW give you any feedback as to why you haven't been called? With so many children, it seems a little unbelievable.... How frustrating for you. Did she make any recommendations for you (opening up your criteria, or making any other changes?)?
That's part of why it was a total waste of our time to meet with her - no feedback, no recommendations beyond saying that we may want to go with a private agency.
Another wonderful part - any updates that I had emailed to her were NOT even in the file!
Look - I'm sorry to be so negative, but this is just what we are going through. Hopefully you have a way better social worker.