Advertisements
Advertisements
I have been searching for my birth parents since 1990 and am now enlisting the help of FB friends and would ask that everyone share this status with all their friends.
I was born in November 1968 in New Orleans, LA with my adoption handled by the Protestant Home for Babies.
My birth mother was born in 1947, in Florida, and was one of four girls in her family. She was reported as Caucasian, 6' tall, 150#s, brunette with brown eyes, wore glasses and had been in college when she became pregnant with me. My birth mother's parents both attended grad school.
My birth father was born in approximately 1945, was said to be 5'11", 165#s, Caucasian, brown hair, blue eyes, had attended college also.
I have spent the last 23 years searching with no success. I have come as close as finding women who were at the same home as my birth mother; but, who could not recall her.
It has taken years to obtain what little information I have and sadly, after 9/11, DMV records which would have been used to give me a name are now inaccessible. I have registered with ISSR and the LA Adoption Registry; but, sadly, many birth parents do not even know those resources exist or are fearful of being rejected should they attempt to reconnect.
I have even hired an investigator and enlisted the help of volunteers with no success.
This is my final hope.
I have had a great life, am married with adult children and a loving wife. My adoptive parents have always been supportive in my desire to search. My adoptive mother has now passed on and I know that time is becoming short in this search. I hope to be able to make contact to let my birth parents know how appreciative I am of what they did.
Please contact me with any information that may be helpful.
Thank you all.
Travis Sibley
tgsadopted@gmail.com