Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi my name is Charlotte. I was given the name Sharelle at birth. My natural mother's name was Maree Bethell. She met my father Craig Rigby in New Zealand (Whangarei I think) around 1973. I was born on the 20th May 1974.
I have no other information. I have no idea how or what to do to find him. My natural mother says he is "not the fatherly type" and to not bother. But it is something missing in my life that I would like to have closure on. I don't need a father, I don't need to even meet him, but I would like to at least know who he is, what he looks like, what he's like, (even it isn't what I expected.)
I'm very over whelmed by the fact that I may never locate him. I just don't know how to do it based in the little information I have!!??
Hi Charlotte... if he is a professional or semi professional person you could try websites like Linkedin.com.. or online phone books etc for New Zealand. It sounds like you are living in another country - do you know anyone in NZ who could look up local records for you? If you were born there can local adoption agencies or community service organisations give you a hint on how to find him.. have you looked on Facebook? That would be a good way of viewing him from afar.
I know that a daughter can get carried away with the idea of having a father (the night in shining armour thing) - be prepared before you search to find that he may be anything but that, and may not want contact with you. Be honest, say you just want to know what he looks like, etc as you said in your post. If you can bear the possibility of rejection or disinterest from him then go ahead.. I hope it goes well and all the best to you.. :wings:
Advertisements