Advertisements
Advertisements
How did you decide which country to go with? I keep being drawn to a Congo adoption but my heart is pulled there and Ethiopia.
Hello!
I thought I would take a moment to share how I chose DRC as the country to pursue international adoption.
First I felt drawn to Haiti, but was discouraged about their age requirements and length of time, so I started looking at countries in Africa.
I first learned about the DRC when I inquired about a child on a waiting child's list. The agency who responded spent a little time sharing about the history of the country and even though that child was not meant for me, I started to do research. The more I learned about the country, the hardship mothers, and children face from not only war and extreme poverty, but also from diseases and having no medical care is heart breaking. The sheer number of orphans just amazed me. I knew the DRC was the country for me.
I made lists of pros and cons to each country I was considering. I believe someone else on here actually suggested doing that. So I made lists and before I knew it, the DRC had the most pros for me and I started the process.
I am still waiting for a referral and I know that there have been many changes in the DRC, for the better! So I have no regrets about choosing this country and I look forward to that time when I receive my referral.
I continue to do research and learn about the history, culture, food, and everything I can about this country because when my child comes home, the country will become part of my family.
PM me with any specific questions!
Advertisements