Advertisements
Advertisements
:woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:
Our license was approved, we're officially licensed and now can advocate aggressively for services for Niece that she didn't qualify for before because we were just her kinship providers!
I've never been so glad to be done with anything in my life. Let me tell you, when you have the foster kid living with you when you are licensing, it is much harder than you'd think! You just don't have the time and energy to devote to everything they are asking you to do!
:dance: :clap: :hippie: I can only imagine! Especially an FK with such intense behaviors! YAY YOU! So glad you will finally be getting the help you NEED!
Advertisements
Congrats! I know how much kinship providers are overlooked when it comes to support services. Hope this helps!
Advertisements
MountainMommy
I am so glad this finally came through. Did you end up having to issue an ultimatum?
Yes, I did. I told her that if they didn't have us licensed by the next court date (June 20) we were going to have to move her to a home that was licensed and better equipped to get her services. The Licensor said again that she wanted more stuff from the neuropsych and I flat out refused. I told her I felt it was a violation of his right to medical privacy and if she wanted a statement from someone who had worked with DS I would sign a release to talk to the SW who works with him at school. She relented and agreed to submit it without the additional paperwork.
So with you there! Congrats on getting it done! It sure was a releif for us, if for no other reason than be more of a party to what is going on. For some strange reason when your kin it's like you are just like the bios and looked down upon.
Advertisements