Advertisements
Advertisements
I am not a fan of pageants at all, mainly because the main focus is on physical looks. I know they do talents too, but still, if a girl doesn't look good enough (to some standard), then she won't make it far regardless of how well she can dance, sing or spin 20 bowls on sticks. I am a fan of anything that involves learning a skill though and my family is one of performers of music, theatre, dance and the like. I think in the long run,children who are involved in activities that require them to learn something come out better over all because they are doing something that expands their brains, allows them to be expressive and teaches them the value of work and reward. There are always "those Moms" in every thing on this planet. The trick is to find a place that offers whatever type of activity you want, that frowns on those types of people and their bad behaviors.
Advertisements
Pageants aren't for me, watching little girls run and cry off stage because they missed a spin or a wave and their mother screaming at them. Watching girls scream and cry because they DONT want to go on stage.... Infants in can can outfits.... yeah!! NO!!!
I'd rather be THAT MOM on the side lines of the foot ball field, or at soccer practice running around with my kids, of being the loudest proudest mom because my kid just did a dance solo, or hit a home run. I'm a skills mom i think, not a "its about confidence mom (while whispering you need to look perfect)"
CaddoRose
I am not a fan of pageants at all, mainly because the main focus is on physical looks. I know they do talents too, but still, if a girl doesn't look good enough (to some standard), then she won't make it far regardless of how well she can dance, sing or spin 20 bowls on sticks. I am a fan of anything that involves learning a skill though and my family is one of performers of music, theatre, dance and the like. I think in the long run,children who are involved in activities that require them to learn something come out better over all because they are doing something that expands their brains, allows them to be expressive and teaches them the value of work and reward. There are always "those Moms" in every thing on this planet. The trick is to find a place that offers whatever type of activity you want, that frowns on those types of people and their bad behaviors.