Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi.
I am starting the process to adopt domestically as a single woman. Right now I am looking at Adoption Star but I would really appreciate any additional information that can be shared, either on AS or other agencies friendly to single adoption. I am located in NY. I would also be interested to know how long the process took for those who have successfully adopted. I'm hoping for not more than 2 years.
Any advice you might be willing to share would be great.
Thanks
Welcome and good luck on your journey!! I would suggest "interviewing" lots of agencies, ask them about their thoughts on working with singles and also ask about their track record with matching singles!! I had one agency tell me that they would work with me (take my money) but that they would always match married couples first. Not the attitude I wanted working on my behalf. There are lots of agencies that are great working with singles, you just have to search them out.
As far as time...I was like you and hoping to be matched in less than 2 years. What happened with me is NOT normal, but it does happen...I was matched very quickly. There is no magic formula to predict waiting time...it is all about being found by the right emom at the right time, IMHO. Good Luck!!
Advertisements
Thanks so much for he advice and taking the time to answer. Wow! You were matched very quickly. Best of luck to you.