Advertisements
Advertisements
My hubby & I are wanting to adopt from our state. We have started our paperwork, just a few things left to do before we turn then in. We are hoping to adopt under the age of 2. We have 2 children of our own at home now. Our son is 10 & daughter is 8. Does anybody have any suggestions or any input for us? We are very new to this process & open to any helpful advise. We live in Illinois. Thank you in advance!
You might want to post in the foster parenting portion to get more answers to your question. My best of luck to you! I assume you are doing foster to adopt? Or, are you waiting for a legally free child? The wait times vary significantly by state. Here, I was open to 0-4 sibling girls and I was placed with them six weeks later. The younger the age of the child the longer the wait in most cases.
You may want to read some books to get yourself started and prepared. I really like The Whole Life Adoption Book which covers a bit of everything. Also, The Connected Child is great and fits your criteria. Good luck. Feel free to PM if you have questions!
Advertisements