Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi everyone!
I am new to the forum, but not to adoption! We are currently stationed at Scott AFB in Illinois and oh-so-close to be approved to adopt again (we have adopted 2 children already!).
My husband is Active Duty Air Force and deployed to Honduras from June-December 2011. Our case worker here in Illinois is telling us that we need a "certificate of good conduct" from the Honduran police to complete our background checks. The problem is that the Honduran police don't know he was there because deployments don't require a VISA application.
Anyone else out these had this same issue? Any suggestions? I'm really hoping to find some official/legal explanation that we can provide to our case worker - she is trying to do her job but she doesn't understand how deployments really work...
Thanks in advance for any suggestions!
I have definitely heard in other groups and this forum that people have had trouble with deployments being counted as residents.
I hope you were able to find something that explains deployment better! Even if it were the case that it was counted as a resident, he resided under a US address because that's what the FPO or APO/AE's are!
Advertisements