Advertisements
Advertisements
I posted a thread a couple weeks ago asking adoptive parents if I could talk to them about their adoption experiences. The information is confidential and used only to write a research paper. The response was wonderful and I spoke with several amazing adoptive parents who shared stories and experiences with me! THANK YOU! :flower:
I do need to speak with a few more parents though - would you mind helping me out? I promise, all information that you share with me is confidential (you don't have to give me real names or locations). I am a PhD student in the Sociology Department at Virgina Tech doing research in adoption in order to complete my dissertation. You can find me on the VT website here: [url=http://www.sociology.vt.edu/gradcvs.html]Department of Sociology | Virginia Tech[/url]. I've been a student there for almost 6 years so this research paper is the last I have to write before graduating in May 2014!
I became interested in studying adoption after realizing that I had a personal interest in adopting a child in my future. I hope that through my academic research I can create more awareness about adoption.
I would love to have the opportunity to casually talk to you and ask questions about your adoption experiences. Interviews can be done over the phone or via Skype at your convenience.
Participant criteria:
1. Did you and/or your partner adopt a child who is not biologically related to either of you?
2. Has the child lived with his/her adoptive family for at least 2 years and is still under the age of 18?
3. Was at least one grandparent alive during the first 2 years post adoption?
My dissertation research seeks to study adoptive parents experiences of support from their mother, father, mother-in-law, and father-in-law (the adopted childҒs non-biological grandparents).
Your assistance is greatly appreciated! Let me know if you have any questions.
My email address is jensayre@vt.edu. I look forward to hearing from you soon!
Thanks,
Jennifer Sayre