Advertisements
Advertisements
Does anyone know if medi- cal covers braces in CA? We have dental coverage, but it does not cover braces. We are in central CA.
Thanks in advance
MediCal only covers ortho if its medically necesary not for cosmetic...ie crooked teeth that cause problems with jaw might be covered but not so you have a beautiful smile. Too bad I think both my ad are gonna need them. My older girls did. Lots of orthos will do a payment plan...that's what we did.
Advertisements
That's what I thought. I need to find a new ortho that works out a better payment plan. My daughter's ortho wanted half down and $300 month. $2500 up front seems rather high.
Our Adopted son just went to the ortho and they said there is a check list that denti-cal uses and he had to score 26 points in order to qualify.
His teeth were pretty bad so the ortho guessed that he would qualify and sent in the referral. Within 4 weeks we heard back from Denti-cal with a 100% approval! :-)
Our Adopted son just went to the ortho and they said there is a check list that denti-cal uses and he had to score 26 points in order to qualify.
His teeth were pretty bad so the ortho guessed that he would qualify and sent in the referral. Within 4 weeks we heard back from Denti-cal with a 100% approval! :-)