Advertisements
Advertisements
Would like to help my 16 yr old son learn his lineage. He is very interested in his biological father's side of the family. My ex husband was born in Wisconsin. He was a full blooded Native American, something like 1/4 Menominee, 3/4 Potawatomi. He was born in 1964, I can't remember anymore the exact month...October or August....His biological mother was Joyce Williams...not sure if that was married or maiden name, but I imagine married. Her sister, I believe, was named Edith Crowe. Joyce was married a few times and had 4-6 kids, and most or all of them were taken out of the home and adopted, due to alcoholism/neglect...I believe a couple of the children were biracial Native Americian/African American, one was half white, and a couple were full blooded Native American, as my ex husband was. He was born Stanley Leroy Boldt...He was around 1-2 when a white family from Higginsville, MO, adopted him from DFS...They renamed him Wayne Austin Shockley. Joyce passed away a few years ago, cirrhosis, I believe. I'm not sure if Edith is still alive or not. I think Wayne (ex husband, aka Stanley Leroy Boldt) found out more information than I, enrolled in the Menominee tribe, and is now incarcerated in Booneville prison in MO. I divorced him as soon as our son was born, due to violence/alcoholism, and not wanting my child to bear witness to that. (However, though we have minimal contact, we are on friendly terms). Our son is 16 now and really wants to learn more about his heritage and how to enroll with the Potawatomi nation...Wayne's biological father belonged to the Prairie Band tribe....I think...I think he eventually moved to KS. That is all of the information I have. I would like to know if u can help me to enroll my son? How I can prove that he is Potawatomi? Documents I need and how to get them? Would love for him to meet family aunts/uncles, etc. Thanks