Advertisements
Advertisements
At one point in mine and DH's infertility struggles, I seriously thought about getting a Reborn doll. I'd read somewhere that they'd helped some women cope. At that point, I would have tried anything to heal. My husband put his foot down, but I still think they're neat. Not neat enough to drag around in public and make a scene, but the fact that I was considering one because I was grieving leads me to believe that woman (and others like her) are in a league of hurt all their own. I don't know who or what caused it, but to go out in public with a "baby" that isn't real and tell stories about it.. that person has serious issues. Funny and creepy as it seems to be, I wonder what therapist encouraged or planted the idea to take the doll around in public. :arrow:
Advertisements
One of my local hospitals uses reborn dolls with the elderly and confused/agitated patients because they are really calming and comforting.
I think the artistry is amazing. I'm sure if I was a doll collector I'd have a couple, but I'm just not very interested in dolls!
My DD2 loves dolls, really loves them, and she has a collection of Barbie's and Baby Borns and Princess dolls. I wouldn't buy her an expensive doll right now because I don't think she'd look after it well enough, but if in the future she wanted a reborn and I thought she wouldn't damage it within a month, I'd buy her one. Especially if she wanted it as a baby substitute because she just couldn't look after a baby without a lot of intensive help and support and it would be devastating if she got pregnant and the baby was taken away from her
:wave::wave::wave:
Hi BirdieBee,
Glad to be acquainted with you. I'm also looking for a famous artist to place a doll according to my wishes.
I am also looking forward to learning from you.
dearastrid
1 Liked
 likes this.