Advertisements
Advertisements
Can you tell me your experience when it came down to TPR Trial? The TPR for a child I had since he was 5wks is coming up this month and he is 1 now. Please share your thoughts.
I've walked several children thru the TPR process. All I can say is that it is different each time. I've had children whose parents decided at the last minute to just do a no-show - these are the parents that often did no-shows at visitation also. I had one parent that lost the TPR and appealed - keeping the children in limbo for an additional year. BUT I have never had a child that the TPR was denied. The Agencies drag their feet for so long, and give the parents chances 40 ways from Sunday to step up, and enough services to choke a horse - that by the time TPR comes around - there has been virtually no chance that the Agencies recommendation would be followed.
Without more information, it would be hard to tell exactly what may happen at the actual trial. Actually, even with information, it is hard to predict what a bio may actually do.
Good luck to the baby! Hope the child's best interests are followed :)
Advertisements
I've walked several children thru the TPR process. All I can say is that it is different each time. I've had children whose parents decided at the last minute to just do a no-show - these are the parents that often did no-shows at visitation also. I had one parent that lost the TPR and appealed - keeping the children in limbo for an additional year. BUT I have never had a child that the TPR was denied. The Agencies drag their feet for so long, and give the parents chances 40 ways from Sunday to step up, and enough services to choke a horse - that by the time TPR comes around - there has been virtually no chance that the Agencies recommendation would be followed.
Without more information, it would be hard to tell exactly what may happen at the actual trial. Actually, even with information, it is hard to predict what a bio may actually do.
Good luck to the baby! Hope the child's best interests are followed :)
Our situation is bit different, but here it goes. Biomom relinquished at the 6 month hearing, and a TPR date was set at that hearing both for biomom and unknown dad. TPR would have been set at the 6 month hearing anyway, because that is how our judge works if parents have done nothing in the first 6 months. Biomom did not show at the TPR hearing, and we just had to wait 90 days for grandparents to step up if they wanted to (we are in a grandparents right state, so they can decide after TPR to step in). Our experience was really smooth, and now we are just waiting for redacted files to more forward with the adoption.