Advertisements
Advertisements
ATTENTION FIRST/NATURAL/BIRTH PARENTS: WE NEED YOUR HELP IN PENNSYLVANIA!
Elizabeth Samuels spoke with representatives from the Senate Committee Chair's office today. While Senator Vulakovich has heard from many, many adoptees who support HB162, he has not heard from a lot of mothers. The Pennsylvania Catholic Conference came on strong regarding the issue of natural parent privacy and he has concerns.
Here's the thing. The best way to reach this guy is through snail mail or by phone. What we need is a MOM BLITZ! Tell Senator Vulakovich that you were never promised confidentiality and that you support HB162 and the right for all adoptees to access their own, original birth certificates.
Your letter can be as simple as:
###
Dear Senator Vulakovich,
My name is [FIRST NAME LAST NAME] and I am a mother who relinquished a child for adoption in [YEAR]. Never was I promised confidentiality from my own child. I fully support the rights of adult adoptees to access their own, original birth certificates and HB162.
Sincerely,
[NAME, ADDRESS, PHONE]
###
The address is:
Senator Randy Vulakovich
ATTN: Nate Silcox
Senate Box 203040
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3040
The letter above can also be used as a script for a phone conversation. His phone number is 717-787-6538.
HELP PA-BORN ADOPTEES! TELL OUR LEGISLATORS THAT YOU WERE NOT PROMISED CONFIDENTIALITY AND THAT YOU SUPPORT HB162!