Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello
We are considering a move to Oregon to be closer to family and I was wondering on the state of Foster Care/Adoption in the area? Did you go though an Agency or through the state? How is the court system there?
Any info would be great as this is a big factor to decide to move from California.
Thanks
Im from Oregon and while I never fostered there I have a friend who is a cw and he said they need foster parents really bad. THere just arent enough and hes always struggling trying to find homes for kiddos. I dont know about the courts but good luck! I love Oregon!
Advertisements
Thank you for the input. I love Oregon myself. I'm just struggling to find enough information to make a decision.
I'm an oregon fp although relatively new. There is a huge need for fp, we received our first placement well before we received our license and we continue to get calls on a regular bases. There is no official foster to adopt program... But we have been assigned an adoption worker right from the start and she knows are intention is to adopt.
As far as court goes, this is our first placement and it looks like he will be reuniting after about 14 months in care.
Feel free to ask any other questions and best of luck!!