Advertisements
Advertisements
Fostering to Adopt 3 siblings who come out of trauma and complex trauma. They all 4 have RAD and PTSD. I need your help. Currently we are living in Georgia where there are no resources or RAD therapist. The children have been with me for 1 year.
My 8 year old daughter has began a new behavior of what I call stage 5 clinging to me. She has rejected dad and is highly defiant to him, and wantes to hang on me all day, follow me around and cling to me. She will hold onto me with force and not let go. From the time I get up she grabing onto me until it is bed time. At bed time she cries and gets up several times not wanting to seperate. It is abnormal aggressive stage 5 clinging to me. When I do seperate from her and define boundries to get a break she becomes aggressive and upset in a hyper state of emotions.
What is going on? How should I handle this.
You might want to try posting this under Foster Care and Adoption it seems like a lot more people check that area and several of the families who regularly respond have RAD kids
Advertisements
We specialize in RAD and it takes a special kind of parenting to help them heal. I can totally help you but I get tired of typing the same thing on these boards and not knowing if it is being read. Message me if you would like some advice.