Advertisements
Advertisements
Im a 27 year old guy,adopted, just come out of an on and off relationship with another guy. It was full of ups and downs. I found that I wanted to get close and then would do everything to break it off, like I couldn't believe it could be good. I was self destructive I think. I think also he might have been avoidant. I wonder how everyone gets through these times?
Found myself calling, texting, last message from him was something like 'please just stop it' said something in the one before like 'we both want different things from conversation, i dont see a reason to try'. This happened because I said something like I was leaving, and his response was 'yes that fine' and then I said not contact me, and he said 'yes thats fine too' It felt like he didn't care, I couldn't tell, which then led to me exploding, and now I've heard nothing from him, Im devastated and I just cant live.
Hey blueflower45, welcome to the forum.
What you are describing is a lack of agreement in goals.
There are always disagreements in relationships. People often don't have the same feelings of caring for each other in a relationship -- or they may care a great deal and still mask their feelings.
On occasion, it is time to move on. Only those involved will know when that should happen.
If you care about the relationship, try to focus on not so much as to what happened, or why it failed, but rather what can be done to repair and make it better.
I wish you the best.
Advertisements
Hey blueflower45, welcome to the forum.
What you are describing is a lack of agreement in goals.
There are always disagreements in relationships. People often don't have the same feelings of caring for each other in a relationship -- or they may care a great deal and still mask their feelings.
On occasion, it is time to move on. Only those involved will know when that should happen.
If you care about the relationship, try to focus on not so much as to what happened, or why it failed, but rather what can be done to repair and make it better.
I wish you the best.
thank you Drywall, what you said is really helpful, thankyou for inviting me, I will try to think of ways, Im a bit lost in that department
think the worst thing I found, was that I have got stuck in a loop, so rather than doing better things, I was just going round and round over and over the situation thinking that might improve things :(