Advertisements
Advertisements
Single here too, although I am currently waiting.
I've had 5 calls for 6 kiddos in the past 8 days. My last placement has been gone not quite a month, so this is quick for me.
Advertisements
I am a single mom to a STBAD and her half brother, both through the foster care system. Welcome!
Hello! I'm a single about to be adoptive mom as of next Thursday!!!! I have three kiddos (siblings) age 4, 3, and 1. They've been with me for 2 years, my daughter since she was born.
Hi,
I am a single parent in process of adopting right now from foster care. Yes there is a lot of support out there for singles adopting. Any questions just ask!
I just joined like a week ago and have seen great posts with advice for pretty much all aspects of adopting.
:)
Hi,
I am a single parent in process of adopting right now from foster care. Yes there is a lot of support out there for singles adopting. Any questions just ask!
I just joined like a week ago and have seen great posts with advice for pretty much all aspects of adopting.
:)
Advertisements
I'm a single mom to a 6 year old girl I adopted 3 years ago from foster care and I have another placement right now of a 3 year old girl - we're not sure if it's going to adoption or not yet.
It's nice to see everyone's individual journeys to becoming parents! Foster care has been emotionally draining for me at times, but it's also been worth every moment!
I'm a single mom to a 6 year old girl I adopted 3 years ago from foster care and I have another placement right now of a 3 year old girl - we're not sure if it's going to adoption or not yet.
It's nice to see everyone's individual journeys to becoming parents! Foster care has been emotionally draining for me at times, but it's also been worth every moment!
Hi SC1990! Any help or tips you have on the process would be much appreciated!! How are you finding the process?
SweetAnn22, I'm in the same position! Just starting out, trying to work my way through this on my own! I've been reading posts from this forum for a while though now, and there's some really positive stories that help make this feel more real!!
Thanks to all of you for sharing your stories!!
Hi SC1990! Any help or tips you have on the process would be much appreciated!! How are you finding the process?
SweetAnn22, I'm in the same position! Just starting out, trying to work my way through this on my own! I've been reading posts from this forum for a while though now, and there's some really positive stories that help make this feel more real!!
Advertisements
Blondie85
Hi Blondie85,
The process has been pretty smooth so far. I am in Riverside county. My mom lives with me so she will be a big help with the kids, especially since she has gone through it several times before. She is signed up to foster, I am the one adopting. She signed up to foster because our county is strict on who takes the kids places (foster parent vs stranger). So she can do that if I am unable. She will be the grandma!
Length wise it has been a long from Orientation to homestudies. Orientation was at the end of Jan 2014 so application was sent in Feb 2014. Classes were done in June/July, home was licensed in July, and then our homestudy was beginning of Oct. So it has been long, but pretty smooth. Here in California there has been a lot of budget cuts which have affected the counties as well. So many social workers were laid off, so they only have a few to operate the entire county and this county is much bigger than most. So that is why length has been longer. During homestudy, we signed up for SS because apparently there have been a lot more in the last couple years and many adoptive families are not willing to take a SS, which is sad and odd considering they are newborns. Too many who want a baby are expecting one that has a background available or are healthy or relinquished (SS does not usually) and only want girls. We are also signed up for ages 0-7 sibling group. SW expects us to have placement by the end of Oct or at least by the end of the year. There are over 5k kids in the system here, although most are in reunification process, there is a large number available for adoption or about to be available.
So process has been pretty smooth. SW is so far excellent. There is one person in the county though that does seem kind of rude to the point it seems like she hates her job. She knows how everything works, but instead of just telling when asked, she makes you call someone else even though she is one who mentioned it first. Other than that, everyone else has been nice. Being single has not made it hard at all. There were actually a few singles in the classes as well. Single parenting is much more common than it use to be. So I am happy that I didnt feel like I was being discriminated against for it. It San Bernardino county, they were kind of rude because I was single. But things changed and I moved to southern Riverside county last year and that was well worth it.
Hope you have good luck as well Blondie!
hey ya'll,
I got married (what? went to the dark side ha ha:eek: ) but I adopted my DD through the fost/adopt program in my county so if you have any questions, I still remember how it was as a single.
I'm single and in the middle of adopting from Foster Care. I've completed my PRIDE classes and my home study visits. Waiting for the home study to be completed which should be around early April.
Advertisements
WOW, that many single parents! It´s amazing!
I am going to adopt a child (hopefully) as well as a single parent so it´s really nice to know that I´m not alone...
Last update on June 23, 2:03 pm by Marilyn Wilson.
Attachments
www.adoptedangel.com
1-800-305-8836
My name is Sophie
I myself was adopted and have over 40 years’ experience of Adoption Awareness offering Support and Guidance with:
NO JUDGMENT – TOTAL EMPATHY
The Importance of Forgiveness
Help of Understanding
Finding Courage
Personal Struggles
All the Challenges and Rewards for Adopted Family
Help instill Wisdom, Love and Inspiration
Find Your Strength Within
WE ALL HAVE BEEN BLESSED WITH A SECOND CHANCE. CALL ME AT 1-800-305-8836 – Sophie