Advertisements
Advertisements
We have just decided to homeschool my son who is 12 and has been diagnosed with low IQ (70) and learning disabilities. We have been so frustrated with our school district doing the bare minimum with him. He loves the computer and I'm looking for some programs that have proven effectiveness with children with learning disabilities to teach them to read and write. Most that I've googled are games but he's been doing that for awhile with minimal improvement. I'm willing to pay for a good website or computer program, just having difficulty finding one that is good and weeding thru all the 'false' promises to find something that has evidenced based effectiveness has been difficult!
bristols
We have just decided to homeschool my son who is 12 and has been diagnosed with low IQ (70) and learning disabilities. We have been so frustrated with our school district doing the bare minimum with him. He loves the computer and I'm looking for some programs that have proven effectiveness with children with learning disabilities to teach them to read and write. Most that I've googled are games but he's been doing that for awhile with minimal improvement. I'm willing to pay for a good website or computer program, just having difficulty finding one that is good and weeding thru all the 'false' promises to find something that has evidenced based effectiveness has been difficult!
I know this an older post, but can I pm you with some questions? I am a long time homeschooling mom, so might be able to help, but I have a newly diagnosed low IQ and LD child:(
Advertisements
Sure Carlychan, feel free to pm me.
Also an update in case it would be helpful to anyone out there...I have went thru a lot of different programs, K12, a specialized workbook curriculum for cognitively disabled children, adjusting grade levels, more testing for specific learning issues, plus a couple of other curriculums both on and off line. What we have settled into and it seems to be working well is the Discoveryk12 online curriculum, supplemented with khan academy and readingeggspress. I love the simplicity of the discovery k12 program and I think that my son has shown the most progression and improvement in his behaviors overall since we have started it. I'm optimistic that maybe he'll make some good gains with this program, but retain my realistic side that knows he may not make leaps and bounds like I am hoping. Just not going to give up... I feel like there is a smart boy that wants to come out, just having such a terrible start to life has stunted him a bit. :)
The contribution of online service providers to help persons with learning disabilities is really appreciable.[URL="http://essaysmaster.com/"]Best dissertation writing service[/URL] will enhance your skill in writing.
Try practicing his writing through blogging by using the hPage.com website builder.
Create a free website -
Last update on February 27, 4:05 am by Richard Meyer.