Advertisements
Advertisements
Anyone have good suggestions for songs that could be related to adoption? We're making a slideshow for Squeaker's party and I'm trying to come up with a few more songs.
I already have:
Arms by Christina Perri
Home by Philip Philips
All of Me by Matt Hammitt
Never Alone by Lady Antebellum
Safe and Sound by Taylor Swift
I may have a few more but those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head. Thanks in advance! Adoption is Wed and her party is Sat! :-)
AlmostOver
Last Leaf has me bawling over here! Such a perfect song for our conflicted, ambivalent girl!
I know, right? This one has been in my repertoire for a while, but is especially significant now for our Monkey, who was nearly ours 4.5 years ago, and is finally coming home, with the ambivalent attachment style he earned in the meantime in tow. I feel you.
I'm kinda serious, though. If somebody puts together a cd, hook me up.
Advertisements
okay you might think I'm crazy, but we are hoping our kido's case goes to TPR and adoption so we've been thinking ahead lately and are stuck on "Hakuna Matata". I mean come on, how appropriate is it - it means no worries. no more worring if bios will get kid back, no more dealing with all the visits and with CPS in general. We are going to do lion king for the adoption party when we get to that stage of the process.
whenlovetakesyouin2
We are going to do lion king for the adoption party when we get to that stage of the process.
That's really fun. I love it.
Here's another one: [URL="http://www.lyricsmode.com/lyrics/g/go_fish/you_are_mine.html"]"You are Mine"[/URL] by Go Fish also [URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcXT4BSCIXE"]"You are My Little Girl"[/URL] by Go Fish
[URL="https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8d545fJBReQ&list=PLppfQrwDKj_z-h7kJ_v8FJptHiohNZqTn"]Here's[/URL] a whole youtube channel with foster care/adoption songs!
I Lived- One Republic (Not "i survived abuse" like it sounds. about embracing life)
My Wish-Rascal Flatts
Unconditionally- Katy Perry
A Moment Like This- Kelly Clarkson
I Lived- One Republic (Not "i survived abuse" like it sounds. about embracing life)
My Wish-Rascal Flatts
Unconditionally- Katy Perry
A Moment Like This- Kelly Clarkson
Advertisements
The first time I heard this song.....I actually thought of my own kids first, and then this forum and all of you guys, especially those of you with older kids. :) I'm sure it was meant to be a love song but the lyrics are beautiful!
Make You Feel My Love
When the rain is blowing in your face,
And the whole world is on your case,
I could offer you a warm embrace
To make you feel my love.
When the evening shadows and the stars appear,
And there is no one there to dry your tears,
I could hold you for a million years
I know you haven't made your mind up yet,
But I will never do you wrong.
I've known it from the moment that we met,
No doubt in my mind where you belong.
I'd go hungry; I'd go black and blue,
And I'd go crawling down the avenue.
No, there's nothing that I wouldn't do
The storms are raging on the rolling sea
And on the highway of regret.
The winds of change are blowing wild and free,
You ain't seen nothing like me yet.
I could make you happy, make your dreams come true.
Nothing that I wouldn't do.
Go to the ends of the Earth for you,
To make you feel my love
To make you feel my love
Love this thread! We want to do the same for Daisy. DH needs to get on it!
Some that I want to use:
1000 years Christina Perry
You'll be in my heart (Phil Collins) to highlight some pictures of our first FD too. Perfect foster care song!
A Dream is a Wish your Heart Makes
Somewhere Over the Rainbow.
What Does the Fox Say- because Daisy loves that, for funny pics.
You can go crazy!
Advertisements
Love this tread too! How about "You'll Be In My Heart" by Phil Collins
"You'll be here in my heart, ALWAYS!"
Advertisements
Love all of these suggestions! I've been crying for days listening to all of thesr songs. :-) We adopt tomorrow morning at 9am so I'm a ball of emotions as it is. There's just SO many good songs!
Also good adoption books for littles. Not specifically about adoption but so perfect for kids with any background are the Nancy Tillman books. I've been crying reading them to Squeaker. They're just so touching. :-)
LeahGrace26
Love all of these suggestions! I've been crying for days listening to all of thesr songs. :-) We adopt tomorrow morning at 9am so I'm a ball of emotions as it is. There's just SO many good songs!
Also good adoption books for littles. Not specifically about adoption but so perfect for kids with any background are the Nancy Tillman books. I've been crying reading them to Squeaker. They're just so touching. :-)
Oh Yay!!! I am so excited for you. I remember you had Squeaker placed close to when we had our first FD placed, Squeaks. Can't wait to see your finalization post. We just signed the petition to adopt Daisy and are just waiting on a date now.
I adore the Nancy Tillman books. Another good couple of choices are A Blessing From Above little golden book, and I Don't Have Your Eyes.