Advertisements
Advertisements
I've been wanting to start a thread for us Mom's who've adopted from foster-care and adopted kiddos that due to exposure, neglect or abuse are raising special needs kiddos. I want us to be able to share our experiences.
Raising TT is one of the most challenging yet rewarding things I've ever done. However; there are nights like last night where I go to bed tired crying and wondering how I'll muster up the energy to do it all again tomorrow. I wake up each day to her beautiful face giving me kisses and telling me "mornin mommy" which is of course the great eraser of bad stuff; but sometimes the resentment I have towards her first mom is hard to live with. I don't resent the fact that she created her she's got some great attributes of her first mom but although my rational mind understands the mental illness that contributed to the "in the womb abuse" I still get very angry sometimes that she damaged this beautiful child in such a profound way. Although she'll never know that nor will my child.
I want this to be a safe place where we can discuss our disappointments without judgement or criticism.
Advertisements