Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
My husband and I put in for a sibling group last week too! It is during the holidays so our CW and theirs are both on vacation... This is so hard! I thought the classes, all the paperwork, the visits, homestudy, or even the wait for the license was hard, but this is. I have 5 more days until their worker comes back from vacation to see our CW's emails. I would love to know how it went for you guys!
: : I know it's hard to wait! Imagine being in the matching phase for a year! Most challenging thing I've ever done in my entire life, yet I just kept reminding myself this is one year of the very challenging and sometimes very frustrating matching phase but an entire lifetime with the right child for you. Now that I have my child, I would do it all over again. Hang in there. Keep looking and submitting on other children as well because if you aren't chosen for this sibling set it will be the one that is right for your family in the right time. I used that waiting time to take more parenting classes, join support groups, read parenting and adoption books, and learn more about children with trauma and special needs ... in addition to buying generic child things like kid friendly dishes and silverware. I also took "adoption breaks" to just enjoy the moment doing fun things with friends and family because it can get mentally & emotionally draining some times doing this. Plus I kept thinking ... this is challenging but then again so is parenting!! lol. : :