Advertisements
Advertisements
I have a 12 yr old placement that I have had almost 6 months. She has been in more homes than she can count. I have been told that she has had less outburst with me than any other home. She tells her CW that we are the best home she has ever been in and she loves us very much. Having said that it has still been a very rocky road. This kid is almost impossible to get along with, esp with her peers. In a perfect world they would really like for her to be placed in a home without other children. But that is impossible right now. CW has told me if it doesnt work with us she really don't know where she will put her. Last week while at therapy she told her therapist she was going to kill herself. She even had a plan. Therapist sent her to a facility to be assessed. They admitted her for 4 days. I was so hoping this would have an impact and maybe she wouldnt want to go back. Today she went to the guidance counselor and said she was having suicidal thoughts again. When she got home she was very explosive and ended up kicking my daughter several times and picking up my cat and squeezing it while laughing. She has been admitted again and they are tossing around the possiblity of a long term stay somewhere. My question is this. Will they expect me to hold a bed for her while she is gone? If so, will they pay per diem to me since I am holding a spot? I am at my wits in end & don't really care what happens. I am just totally expecting them to try to get me to commit to taking her back. Kind of curious how this works. BTW. I am in Indiana.
i doubt it.
you'll be asked if you're willing to take her back. while she is gone, the subsidy stops--they pay for the nights she sleeps there. if you choose to hold the spot, that's up to you.
i have had 2 kids bounce out to RTCs. our placement ended when they left and were admitted. they were dangerous to my child and could not return. i have one who will be getting out of a short term stay tomorrow. she's coming back. i've never had one stay for a long time, so i could be completely off the mark.
good luck with getting the help she needs. i'll be praying for y'all.
Advertisements