Advertisements
Advertisements
It has been a long time since we last posted. We have reignited our search and have been unsuccessful. Can anyone share which states are most responsive to out-of-state placements of older child adoption?
I know this has been awhile since you have posted. Sorry. I have found that no particular state is responsive. It has more to do with the case worker and whether or not that child is on their current priority list.
What has worked for me is this. Do the inquiry. They will almost always follow with information requesting your homestudy. Have the homestudy sent then do your best to find the phone number of the person who is supposed to receive it. Call that person and verify that they received. Very politely inquire if the child still needs a family. Ask about their department's procedure. When are they going to hold a placement meeting. Would they like to interview you to clarify your homestudy and such. If you can, get dates for all of these steps for the child and follow up after each step is supposed to have happened. Try not to be annoying but if communication is allowed (some states do not allow communication directly with the families) keep following up so that the worker keeps that case as a priority.
This hasn't worked for every child I have inquired about. Some agencies are just completely unresponsive. But it has helped for the cases were we have been considered for a child.
Advertisements