Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Hello Adoptee!
I'm a birthmother. In answering some of your questions . . . yes, yes, yes . . . this is what I experienced.
- Yes, I was told you can get on with your life and put the birth behind you. Nope, that never happened
- Yes, there was never a birthday, holiday, or friend/family birth that did not remind me of my son.
- Yes, I wondered if he was alive or dead, if he thought of me, wanted to know me, wanted to find me??
- Yes, I would accept him however I would find him.
- I prayed during and after my pregnancy that God would place my baby in a Christian home. Yes, God answered by prayer.
- Yes, he was worth the money to hire an investigator.
A mother never forgets, always longs for a reunion, always loves.
My suggestion to you is . . .
- Go to the agency that facilitated the adoption and see if there is anything in a file from your birthmother. I say this because I left cards, letters, and pictures along with a signed form that allowed my son to locate me and have anything in the file. You could be surprised what is there. I found a 6 month old picture the adoptive mother left for me.
- Hire an investigator to locate your mother/father, other family members. I hire "Kinsolving Investigators" out of Matthews, North Carolina. I had my son found within one month. It took that long only because the birthdate had been changed.
- Your mother was undoubtedly living within 50 miles of where you were adopted.
I hope I was helpful. I'm available if you have any additional questions. Pray