Advertisements
Advertisements
We were licensed six weeks ago. We were told we wouldn't be put on the vacancy list until our new caseworker (who we haven't met yet) comes out and does another walk through of our house. We haven't even heard from her yet!! I emailed the worker that did our home study to let her know we haven't heard anything yet, and she said she would talk to the foster care supervisor and get back with us, but it's been a full week since then. I know caseworkers are over worked, but why can she not take five minutes to call just to let us know we haven't been forgotten? They say they're desperate for homes, and here we sit.
We have sat since Dec 24th with our home study visits completed, but no "write up" of our home study YET. I believe she IS working on it, because she has sent us some forms that were missed in our packet, and asked a few random questions by email, but still we wait.
I quit my full time job, in order for us pursue being foster parents, and so far, we haven't gotten very far. Our worker is the director of foster care here too, so we have no where to go UP to. (as far as going over her head to get progress)
I sent for our first information packet in July, called our local office in August, met for the first time in September, did classes, videos and fingerprints in October and November, had home study in December...and have sat waiting since then. I'm just trying to keep busy and be patient.
Good luck with the waiting. I'm glad you already have your license, we can't even seem to get that far yet.
Advertisements
I emailed the foster care supervisor on Monday, and found out who our new caseworker is today! Hopefully I'll hear from her on Monday. Getting excited!