Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello!
We brought our gorgeous daughter home from the hospital four months ago and love her to pieces. A couple of weeks ago we had a big surprise and found out that I am pregnant. I didn't have any known fertility issues, though we had tried to get pregnant for a year+ previously.
I'm now worried that this could be an issue in finalizing our adoption. I'll be about five months pregnant when so I will be showing some by then (I think?! never done this before), but I'm worried about telling our social worker. Does anyone have any experience/info on this situation? I've scanned the finalization paperwork and it just asks about other children in the home currently.
Thanks!
I have a friend that had this situation except she actually found out she was pregnant 2 weeks before her son through adoption was born. Birthmom wanted them to adopt anyway, they wanted to adopt anyway. Social worker was less than thrilled but since it was what birthmom wanted, she kept her opinion mostly to herself and they were able to adopt the baby when she was 5 months pregnant. I would think this won't be an issue since bio parents can easily get pregnant a second time when baby is only 4 months old as well.
Advertisements
Do you HAVE to tell them? I'm not saying you should lie about it, but if they don't ask.....
As far as showing, depending on your body type, you might not show at all ( especially with a first pregnancy), or you might have a little bump ߑðߘ, whatever the case, congratulations on your TWO BABIES!!! ڰߒװߑðߑðߒװߘ
I found out I was pregnant two months after we brought our son home. I was 6 months pregnant at finalization. Our social worker never even mentioned it as a possible issue. We finalized on our son in December and his brother was born two months later in February. I was clearly pregnant at the finalization and no one said a word or seemed to care. Best wishes!