Advertisements
Advertisements
Well, after the long road of waiting to be approved, we are mtg our licensing worker at her office tomorrow. Idk what for, I'm wondering if she has someone (placements) to discuss, or if we are gonna be further discussing our preferences. Her request to meet with us was very vague and since its not IN our home, but at her office, I assume its not gonna count as our "monthly" home visit. I'm excited at the prospect, but umm Saturday is prom. As cool as it might be to get placements this quick, I hope I also get through prom weekend without that possible chaos. We shall see what does or doesn't develop.
Well, our mtg was basically for us to sign and receive a copy of our approval and offical contract as a foster home. We reviewed HIPPA and talked about annual training requirements. Also talked about invoices and direct deposit for payments. Received a huge "handbook for foster parents" and copies of said invoices for us to have on hand to bill with. Also a list of special payment situations and their reimbursement rates. We are apparently on the open homes list and will be called if we are needed. Wish us luck!
Advertisements
Good luck!! Funny how different those things are by state... we got all that stuff done with the initial application/mtg, and we got a copy of our countys foster parent list (the same one teh caseworkers use).
Hoping you get a call quicker than us! :rolleyes: I took home made cinnamon rolls and brownies in to the office today - trying to put a face behind my name. I planto keep doing this every couple weeks as long as I can. :D