Advertisements
Advertisements
I do not like anything I have seen so far--;the gray on gray is hard to read- I don't see where, once you log in, you can see the new posts. I am a firm believer in the old adage 'if it aint broke don't fix it'. The only big issue with the old forums were the nonstop log in issues. I don't know how often I will be on this site now due to the fact that it is now more of a hassle trying to navigate and read than it ever was before.
Advertisements
FYI: The site is not keeping me logged in, although it's not as much of a hassle as before to get connected. If it's working for others, perhaps it's a browser issue, so I'll keep trying.
Abused Adoptee,
That is the first I've heard of this! I'm sorry. Yes, I would try clearing your cache/browsing history. Let me know if that doesn't work though and we'l l figure it out. :)
Not staying logged in also. It looks too much like Facebook instead of a forum. But I like the Like button.
I liked the feature of going to all the new post at once without having to go through all the sub forums on the old forum.
I don't want to subscribe to treads, you don't need to know which tread i like to see and which I don't.
Dutch Mom
Last update on May 15, 7:52 pm by dutchmum.
Advertisements
My biggest issue was the gray font, so hard to read, so glad to hear that is being addressed. I had no trouble with the site on my iPhone 6 using safari today. I think there are still too many clicks to login and get straight to the forum, but I am glad that you aren't getting auto-logged out and that the breadcrumbs are back! So, I will keep fingers crossed. It might be good to set the "Sticky Notes" to maybe expire on view based on user login, or, better yet, have an option to close that section.
It was easier to read on the old site because there was more footprint devoted to the actual messages.
I had to log in when I first come on, but so far, seem to stay logged in. The type on this reply box are very small, can hardly see what I am typing. I did have to add my signature info and my profile info, but that was easy. I hope I get used to it, it was hard to find my way to this section where all the action is.
I like the interface better on the computer. My phone interface is more confusing. I think that will take some more getting used to.
Advertisements
Spud,
If they are working on the "New Posts" - ask them to consider changing it to "Posts and updated posts in the last 24 hours". I say that because many of us pop in and check, respond to a post, and come back to answer other posts, and they way it works now, you only get new posts or updated posts since you were last in.
Hopefully that made sense - trying to figure out where that post you wanted to respond to but didn't have time then - is tedious at best...
Can you answer a question? Is there going to be a time limit on editing or deleting you post - a realistic limit like an hour, not five minutes like it was...
Kind regards,
Dickons
I don't see a way to easily go from post to post. I also don't see a way to sort the posts so that the most recently updated/commented on post is at the top.
I hate it. I browse the forum on my phone, and it is now almost completely unusable. When I search, it brings up the threads that I want, but the links just take me back to the unending list of forums.
I hate that the page links are at the top, so I have to.scroll up past the posts that I've already read to get to the next page.
I hate that I can no longer sort the threads by the number of replies.
Please bring the old forum back!
Spud,
If they are working on the "New Posts" - ask them to consider changing it to "Posts and updated posts in the last 24 hours". I say that because many of us pop in and check, respond to a post, and come back to answer other posts, and they way it works now, you only get new posts or updated posts since you were last in.
Hopefully that made sense - trying to figure out where that post you wanted to respond to but didn't have time then - is tedious at best...
Can you answer a question? Is there going to be a time limit on editing or deleting you post - a realistic limit like an hour, not five minutes like it was...
Kind regards,
Dickons
Hi Dickons,
Yes, we are definitely working on a design to show recent posts at first glance in forums. It will be easier to navigate to active conversations than how it is now.
I am going to have to look into the editing and deleting time limits. I am not sure what the time limit is. If you discover anything just through trial and error, please let me know. :)
Thank you everyone for your feedback!
Last update on May 19, 9:22 am by Adoption Admin.
Advertisements
I am going to have to look into the editing and deleting time limits. I am not sure what the time limit is. If you discover anything just through trial and error, please let me know. :)
I just tested and it let me edit a post I did on May 15th, just after the forum came back up. Much better than the old system.
1 Liked
 likes this.