Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi. My husband and I are going through the foster-to-adopt process. We started in January and finished our classes in February. We have been waiting for our home study for 4 1/2 months . First there was a delay because our recruiter sort of forgot about us. Then she was waiting on stuff from another state. Then it sat waiting for data entry while the person assigned to do it was out of town. The first part of the home study happened only after I raised a ruckus at the agency, and the second part has been rescheduled 2 times now.
I'm just wondering . . . are all agencies like this?
Holly,
No, not all agencies are like that. While the paperwork part of the process can be daunting, you should have regular communication from your agency. Also, as long as you have turned everything in, there shouldn't be a problem. Since you're doing foster care, I can't really recommend our agency (we do domestic infant, older child (matched), international, & embryo adoption). However, there are good agencies around. Best of luck to you!
Providence Place
Action Adoption Counselor
Advertisements
I don't think they are. I just got my license today and took the classes in may, and any delays were due to me, I could have been licensed a few weeks ago. Still, after I started working with my agency, I spoke to a coworker who tried to go through the same agency a few years back . Her experience was just like your s so maybe the motivation of your licensing worker has more to do with it then the agency.