Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi,
We have 2 biological sons (4 and 6), and we just received 3 girls (Foster - to - Adopt) who are 3, 4 & 5! The 4 yr old foster girl is delayed, and is on the same level as a 18/24 month old due to physical abuse and neglect. We are having a very tough time integrating the 3 newbies, and its been very stressful, especially with the delayed toddler. We have a lot of challenges around these areas, and any advice would be greatly appreciated!!
- How do we still give attention to our biological sons in a way that they dont feel neglected?
- How do you discipline a delayed toddler (if any)?
- How do you handle total chaos in the house? Any suggestions to structure, playtime, tv time, outside time, one on one time?
- How do you handle taking 5 kids to kindergarten and pre-school and juggling pickup?
- Should we now have 2 babysitters instead of 1 when we need them?
- Does a nanny help and are they open to part time (15 hours a week)?
Anything would help :)
Thank you!
I would treat the delayed toddler at the age she is mentally/emotionally since 4 year old consequences wont work. I think needed 1 or two babysitters probably depends on the sitter and what they think they can handle. For kids in our homw the biggest organization thing we do it everyone has a color. Towels, drinking cups etc are all in one color for each child. What hours are you looking for help? A teenager would probably love to help out after school for a few hours a day and then you might also have an option for a baby sitter too.(I did this when I was 14)
Advertisements