Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi All,
My husband and I are just starting our journey to adopt and we have a question that we're hoping someone can answer. We are currently renting a one bedroom apartment in Seattle. We would like to adopt a new born baby if possible, and we were thinking that we'd only need a one bedroom apartment for approximately the first year of the babies life, and then we'd move to a two bedroom when he/she gets a bit older. The question we would like your help with is - do we need a two bedroom apartment to pass the home study? Or will our existing one bedroom be okay for the time being?
Many thanks for any advise on this. :)
Every state is different, so your best bet would be to call one of the homestudy agencies in your state and just ask them. In our state, you need to show that you have room for the child (including their own sleeping space) in order to pass your homestudy. This doesn't have to be a formal bedroom (i.e., window and closet), but they do need their own "room". We had an office that we showed them we would be converting, but we had friends who had this little alcove area off of their den that they put doors on and it counted as a "room" for the baby for the purposes of their homestudy. Just call and ask-- you will get a more straightforward answer that way! :)
Advertisements
Every state is different, so your best bet would be to call one of the homestudy agencies in your state and just ask them. In our state, you need to show that you have room for the child (including their own sleeping space) in order to pass your homestudy. This doesn't have to be a formal bedroom (i.e., window and closet), but they do need their own "room". We had an office that we showed them we would be converting, but we had friends who had this little alcove area off of their den that they put doors on and it counted as a "room" for the baby for the purposes of their homestudy. Just call and ask-- you will get a more straightforward answer that way! :)
Thanks Jaya - I really appreciate your reply! :-)