Advertisements
Advertisements
After searching more than 8 years, I have been in contact with my Birth Mother. I also found my birth father, but he isn't interested in contact.
If you haven't already, do a DNA test. I used Ancestry.com. The test told me nationalities, and hundreds of cousins. I found my BF when a first cousin popped up in my list of close cousins.
I did my test over a year ago. and I researched sur-names and lineages....
My Birth mother did the Ancestry DNA and popped up as my MOTHER. It was easy to find her since she did the test, but you might have to dig into close cousins tree's. You can send messages and get others to help if they will.
My search has ended successfully. We have been in daily contact and will see eachother face to face in a couple of weeks.
I want to add that my heritage summary was pretty much correct. However, the name on my adoption papers wasn't the name my mother gave me. For some reason someone felt the need to give me a false name. I was given the name by the agency of Susan Blake. Not my name at all. I happened to come across a number of adoptees from the Va area in the 1960's with a first name and a last name of Blake, so I suspected it to be an "Oliver Twist" name. Also, my birth mother is confident of the date of my birth. It is 3 days before my recorded birth.
I hope this helps
I hope success to all who are looking.
Last update on December 31, 8:41 pm by MontanaDream.
UpDate:
My birthmother is back at her home after 4 days together. IT WAS WONDERFUL! So many questions answered. I feel like I belong for the first time. The hole in my heart is filled.
She thought my Non-ID and Heritage Summary a piece of fiction. Not so much the facts, but the "story line" and the notes put in by the social worker. She said they really added a good bit, but nothing they added was accurate.
Anyway- I saw pictures of family- saw my facial traits in my ancestors. We use the same phrases, express ourselves the same way, look very much alike.... its amazing.
I hope everyone out there that is searching finds their answers and I hope all the reunions are joyous ones.
Blessings
Advertisements