Advertisements
Advertisements
Good evening. :) I am not an adoptee myself, I am actually here in hopes of finding support and advice in how to best support and help my husband in his search for his birth mother or her family. It wasn't until just a couple of years ago that he really decided that he wanted to try to find his birth mother. He has given me the "green light" to do what I can to find her, but honestly I'm not even sure how to go about doing this. I also have concerns that if / when I do find her, if she is still living, I don't want to force either of them to reach out to the other. I feel that this is something that he really needs to do on his own, even if we only are able to find her family. We have shared her picture on Facebook, and IF I knew where to post in CA, I may be inclined to post on Craigslist looking for information.
I guess my main reason for being here is to ask those of you who have gone through, or are going through, this search - How can I BEST show my support to my husband as he goes through this journey, and how much of the task is appropriate for me to take on myself, even with his permission, and how much should I really encourage HIM to do on his own? I want this experience to be as painless as possible for him.