Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone,
I have been foster parenting for 9 months already and have children placed in my home as well as my biological children, I have 2 of my own and 2 with the agency. But I just found out I'm 15 weeks pregnant . My question is, can I still continue being a foster parent even though I'm pregnant? Or will my agency have a problem with it. It will break my heart turning both of them in but I was thinking of just take care of them for now and when I'm further into my pregnancy I will just turn 1 child in before my baby is born just for the simple fact that it will get really hectic for me to take care of 4 small children and the baby.
Are the children related? If you are planning on not having them once you have your baby you should talk to your workers about moving them now. Transitions are HARD on kids and they form bonds so if you are not going to keep them to reunification/adoption say so now.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements
I will just turn 1 child in
Ouch! That sounds so cold to me. They are children, not things.
To answer the question, yes, you can continue to foster even after the baby is born. The only problem would be space in the house. However, a young baby will usually no cause a problem because under most state rules, she/he can stay in your room.
Hi Everyone,
I have been foster parenting for 9 months already and have children placed in my home as well as my biological children, I have 2 of my own and 2 with the agency. But I just found out I'm 15 weeks pregnant . My question is, can I still continue being a foster parent even though I'm pregnant? Or will my agency have a problem with it. It will break my heart turning both of them in but I was thinking of just take care of them for now and when I'm further into my pregnancy I will just turn 1 child in before my baby is born just for the simple fact that it will get really hectic for me to take care of 4 small children and the baby.
I understand that it is overwhelming to think of caring for 4 kids plus a newborn, but it is unfair for the one child you plan on disrupting to keep them. The longer they are in your home, the stronger the bond. If you plan on disrupting in a few months, do it now.