Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi Everyone!
I'm new to the site and searching for some feedback with our situation.
My husband and I are signing the intent to adopt paperwork this week on two older siblings in Michigan Foster Care. My husband is in the military and we are stationed in Illinois so it will be an ICPC process. We are not licensed to foster yet, that will be starting after the intent papers are signed. We had a connection with one of the biological parents in the past so this situation is a little unique.
So far we have done the full disclosure, and should be able to start communicating with the children this month! After much research and communication with the workers I have so many unknowns still..
My questions are:
Anyone dealt with ICPC in Illinois? If so, how was the process?
How long did it take?
Any other military families that have gone through this?
What are things we can do to speed up the process more efficiently?
PLEASE FEEL FREE TO SHARE ANY AND ALL TIPS AND EXPERIENCES WITH ME!
Thank you in advance :)
Advertisements
We did ICPC but not from from Illinois. We were also already licensed foster parents when we did the ICPC. It took us a year to get licensed, 6 months to be matched another 6 months for the ICPC and another year for the adoption. I would say our license took longer than normal but the rest is about average.
' Anyone dealt with ICPC in Illinois? If so, how was the process?
How long did it take?
Any other military families that have gone through this?
What are things we can do to speed up the process more efficiently? '
For your question A. or number 1 Are you with a Private or Government Agency??
Have you done or completed a Home Study or are just missing the Foster Care Certifications, or are you doing the ' Entire Enchilada' ??
Your Military Statuses may expedite the Criminal Background Clearances, or at least your husbands?
I would think also with Older Children. The Advocacy would be to start school in the fall in your home in Illinois??
Has your husband ever been deployed??
There is nothing else that you can do in expedition of the process??
From our Family as well also please tell your Husband . That our Family thanks him for serving our United States of America.