Advertisements
Advertisements
Hey all - I just read an interesting FB post and wonder about your experiences. The question came up - do you have adopted kids who are concerned that they are not ALSO sealed to their birth parents? Good question. It never came up in our home, but I have had my own concerns for my son. He reunited with his birth mother after serving his mission. He has a casual relationship with her, has not met his birth father. I know he feels responsibility for her to a degree ... he shares the gospel with her only when she asks questions, of course. And he's a pretty healthy guy, but a closed book about deeper feelings. So I have to wonder about his concern for her eternal well-being. Thoughts?
When I was in high school, I remember one of my seminary classmates asking about how sealing worked regarding divorced parents . . . she was born in the covenant, but then they divorced and remarried. Her dad and his new wife had a baby. Was she still sealed to both of her parents? Was she sealed to that baby? Tough questions and the only answer I can find is, "Jesus will work it out."
Advertisements
The reality is that at some point in our existence, we will all be still together as an entire human family. We will be sealed to Adam and Eve our common ancestor