Advertisements
Advertisements
My name is Peggy, I grew up in a family that kept foster children. Through the years and among the 17 kids we kept, there were 2 kids (not related to each other) that was part of our family for several years. The boy's name was Ricky Thomure and we know he went on to be adopted with a bio brother by a couple that were formerly a nun and priest. The girl's name was Dottie Sitze and she was returned to her bio family, several times. I was the youngest in our family and these two kids were younger than me, so for the years we got to keep them, I was the "big sister". I have many more details (not listed here) on the girl, Dottie. The time frame would've been in the late 60's and early 70's. Our last name was Humphrey and we lived in the suburbs of St.Louis Missouri. I have been searching for years, but keep running into dead ends. I would love to find them and hear how their life stories continued, to share photos and school memorabilia with them, and overall just let them know they were so loved by our family. If anyone out there has suggestions on what I could do to find them, I am open to suggestions, but don't really have the financial means to pay someone to help me.
Hi Peggy!
I think it's wonderful that you are trying to locate them, and I think they would be very happy to hear from you. On Facebook, there are two groups that I think will be able to help you. The first one is Adoptee Central. There are various members of the adoption triad in the group, and I'm certain they will welcome you. The other group is Search Squad. It's for anyone in general who is searching. They are both active search groups. Once you join the groups, make a post much like you did here with all of the info you have. Other members will help you find who you are looking for. They are excellent people, angels really. Best of luck to you! Keep us updated on how your search is going.
Advertisements