Advertisements
Advertisements
My AD has been with me since she just turned 1 year old. She was foster/adopt and she's now turning 8. She is in a lot of pain over feeling 'rejected' and having no contact with her Biological family. I promised her when she turned 18 we would do everything possible to track down her Biological mom and family (there are a lot of dangers here and it is not safe for us to do so, but if she wants to do it as an adult, I will support her 100%).
She does have half siblings that she has never met- some may not even know she was born (she's the youngest). But I would love to find the families that adopted these other kids to see if we can open the door for some type of relationship- even if it's just 1-2 letters a year. I've reached out to DFPS a couple times but they say tried but can't make contact. One they said they couldn't find in the system at all, but that happens to be the one I can find the citation by publication for the termination of parental rights for online.
What other options are open to me here? has anyone else been in this situation? What did you do? All the kids would be under 14, so none are adults. My daughter is in a lot of pain and I know that this would help her a lot. Is there anything I can do that I haven't thought of yet?