Advertisements
Advertisements
Was adopted few months after my birth (at least that's what I've been told). It's a closed adoption so my adoptive family isn't keen on talking about it, but I feel I need to know the truth because every broken relationship makes me feel unwanted and reminds me that my birth parents didn't want me either. So after an intense emotional episode in another relationship, I lost control and went into massive depression. everyone suggested i meet a psychiatrist and now I'm on meds for depression and anxiety.
However, I knew I had to deal with my adoption and reached out to my youngest half-sister and she told me all that she knew about me through her dad. Also met her a few days ago and we were both super nervous and excited at the same time but the meeting ended in formalities and nothing much came out of it. I was disappointed. Maybe i was expecting tears of joy. It was a super important meeting for me because i was meeting someone who looked like me, who shared my DNA.
Reached out to the eldest sister (older than me) next. She was super excited to learn that I wanted to meet. She's always excited and happy when I text her. She's kept my pictures from when I was in school (wonder how she got them). I feel she's formed a bond with me even before meeting me.
But I don't want to expect too much now. I am scared that even though they are accepting of me now, I'll be rejected again like i was as an infant.
I just wonder how it turned up with other adoptees when they contacted half siblings.
Last update on April 21, 1:46 pm by Nellie Manpoong.