Advertisements
Advertisements
Hello all! I'm wondering if anyone else has become a licensed foster parent and then taken in a child from out of state? My end result would be to adopt the child one day, but fostering would be first.
I actually have a child in mind which tears my heart apart and I'd love any insight on this process if you've experienced something similar. We have started the licensing process but there's a lot of waiting as I've been learning!
Would love some helpful feedback! ߒ
Kindly,
Holly & family
Good Morning from Virginia,
We have been in the foster to adopt process for a about a year. We were officially licensed in September 2016. We went through a private agency so once we were approved we started looking for our match. We decided to adopt a waiting child meaning tpr already happened and they are waiting for a forever family. We inquired on over 30 children from all over the united states and finally matched with a little girl out state in March....boy its been a terrible process to get her home and they are saying it could be another 8 months... Lucky we are talking daily and visiting monthly. But we are in it for the long hall and already so in love with her! We were looking for children under 8 and open to sibling groups which made it a little harder to be matched..which is crazy because how many kids need homes... I can help with any questions.
Last update on May 28, 6:50 am by Melissa Clarke.