Advertisements
Advertisements
Viewing Single Post
Thank you for your insight. I guess I'm just so much of a planner that not knowing and being organized is hard. When she does decide does she tell a family service worker? When do I get a lawyer? She went to the hospital today as she thought she was leaking amniotic fluid. She was not kept and is being sent home. It's just a waiting period at this point.
I hope I can provide a little insight for you. I am a birth parent, so I have a lot of empathy for how this expectant mother is feeling. She is likely confused because she loves her baby, but wants the best for the child and that might not be her. I can't tell you for sure what she will do, but her history says she will likely relinquish her parental rights.
What I like to tell hopeful adoptive parents is that you don't need anything other than a car seat. The rest of it can come after the baby is born, especially if you haven't received a hard and fast "yes" from her. Keep whatever you already have, but I personally would wait to buy more until you're sure you're taking baby home.
I am happy to try and help with any more questions you might have.