Advertisements
Advertisements
My husband and I are a blended family. We have full custody of his daughter from a previous relationship(we have had her for 4 years) and she is 12. I have a son from a previous relationship that is 10. We also have a 1 year old daughter together. My step daughter, I'll call her H, has 2 siblings from her mother from 2 different dads. She has custody of the youngest (2 months) but she just told me that she gave up her rights for her 3 year old that's been in the system for over 2 years. H doesn't know yet that she now cannot see her sister due to her mother's choice and we are not sure how to tell her. But we had a thought of adopting her sister. Who can we call or speak to about adopting her sister? Is it possible That we can adopt her when the foster family already told the court that they are thinking of adopting her? Will the court take us into consideration to be her parents since we already have custody of her older sister? I just want to know if we have a chance before we start this process. We don't want H to live without any of her siblings and we have enough love and space to open our arms to this little girl who needs and deserves a family.
My husband and I are a blended family. We have full custody of his daughter from a previous relationship(we have had her for 4 years) and she is 12. I have a son from a previous relationship that is 10. We also have a 1 year old daughter together. My step daughter, I'll call her H, has 2 siblings from her mother from 2 different dads. She has custody of the youngest (2 months) but she just told me that she gave up her rights for her 3 year old that's been in the system for over 2 years. H doesn't know yet that she now cannot see her sister due to her mother's choice and we are not sure how to tell her. But we had a thought of adopting her sister. Who can we call or speak to about adopting her sister? Is it possible That we can adopt her when the foster family already told the court that they are thinking of adopting her? Will the court take us into consideration to be her parents since we already have custody of her older sister? I just want to know if we have a chance before we start this process. We don't want H to live without any of her siblings and we have enough love and space to open our arms to this little girl who needs and deserves a family.
Hi Allison ,
There are two types of adoption: plenary or simple. Plenary adoption replaces the parentage existing between the adoptee and his family of origin by a new link. Simple adoption makes it possible to adopt a person (even an adult) without breaking ties with his or her family of origin. Adoption is open to anyone over the age of 28 (married or unmarried, living alone or in a couple) and to spouses who have been married for more than 2 years or who are older than 28 years old.
The process is not simple at all and it can take a long time if you do not master the subject and the actions to take.
In which country do you live and in which country do you want to adopt?
Me and my husband, we tried to adopt but without great success. A friend recommended us a law firm that we have
consulted. They helped us understand the process and the different steps to follow. Thanks to them, we were able to adopt 2 children in 5 years
I leave you their email address: helpusadopt@europe.com
They also have a website on which you can read about them:
Advertisements