Advertisements
Advertisements
I'm a 27 year old gainfully employed guy. I was married for nearly 5 years , we were in love and still are, but we miscarried three times after struggling to get pregnant at all, and we had very different ideas about parenting and other things which destroyed our marriage. More than anything I want to be a dad, but I'm very worried that it won't happen naturally, or won't happen until I'm much older, which is a problem because I want to live to see my child(ren) grow up and have children of their own, and have a life. If I wait another 10 years it's likely that I'll be dead before my first child turns thirty.
I want to be a dad, I'm ready. I've looked into surrogacy, and I'm considering it, but with something like surrogacy there are a lot of risks and I've heard horror stories. So, I think that adoption is the best option. Adopting in the United States is an arduous process, especially if you'd like to adopt a younger child, so I think that going abroad is the best option for me.
What countries allow single men to adopt? I'm a dual citizen of the United States and the Federal Republic of Germany from birth, so I'm an EU citizen, but I reside in the United States. My preference is to adopt from Europe, but I'm open to other options, like Latin America as well.
What countries allow single men to adopt and where do I start? Thank you.