Advertisements
Advertisements
Hi I am hoping to get some advice from someone that might be able to shine light on my situation. My niece was placed with us in an emergency placement about a year ago. This was only supposed to be temporary until either the father got her back or she was to be moved to her maternal aunts home for permanent placement. Her maternal aunt would like to actually adopt her if the father does not reunify with his daughter. They have a strong relationship and my niece sees her as her mother. I myself can not handle raising another child seeing as I have four of my own. I told the San Bernardino county agency from the beginning that I could only take her on a temporary basis with the assumption that if the father would not reunify then she would move with her maternal aunt. They agreed to make that plan b. Since the beginning to present time the father has made no attempts to try to reunify with his daughter. He does not go to his drug tests. He has not tried to go to rehab. Nor has he answered any of the social workers calls to try to start visitations with his daughter. So I would assume that they would have started the process of moving her to a permanent placement with her maternal aunt. Unfortunately her aunt lives out of state in Florida and I know it takes a long process to move a child to an out of state home. In September the judge did order a Cpc be initiated for Florida but from what I know social services still have not started the process . The court hearing for permanent placement and possible termination of fathers rights is in March of 2018. My question is what should I do or can I do to make sure that social services does continue with the back up plan of Florida since the father has shown no evidence of reunification with his daughter. I know the max they can give him is 18 months but if Florida is not in place by that time then what happens next. Do I have to become the permanent placement.? Hoping to get some answers as well as my niece and her maternal aunt. Thanks again