Advertisements
Advertisements
I am doing research to try and find my mother's birth mother, or any family that may be looking for her.
My Mother was born at Mercy Hospital in Pittsburgh, PA in April, 1943. Her mother was staying at Roselia home for unwed mothers until she gave birth, at which time she took her baby home for nine months before giving her up for adoption to Catholic Charities. She was said to have been about 22 at the time, which may put her birth year around 1919. The name on the birth certificate said Geraldine Elizabeth Scott, which she was later told was her mothers name as well. She was also told her mother was born in Bradford, PA. My mother was adopted by a family in Erie, PA.
The fathers name was listed as James nullen (possible Nullan), but my mother met him when she was in her thirties and he was a Seneca man named Jimmy (or James) Two-Winds. If anyone is related to him I would also like to meet you, as he is said to have had more than one child.
I have been searching for years on any information on this adoption. It is probably unlikely that she is still alive, but I hope there is a family member out there somewhere who may know the story of the adoption.