Advertisements
Advertisements
Me and my husband have been married 3 years. He has 3 daughter's (19, 18, 15) from his previous marriage. I have a 10 yr. Old daughter and a 6 yr old son. We want more children but can't conceive. We just started the application for Fostering to adopt (talking with worker abt. A 14 mo old boy ::fingers crossed::)
I'm nervous about the home study. What will they ask my kids? I don't spank often but I have, will that disqualify me? I'm generally loud (I think it's the Italian in me, No volume control) and often come across as yelling. Will this disqualify me?
We want another child so badly. My kids are well taken care of and loved more than the stars in the sky, but am I a good enough mom to adopt? Anyone have advice?
I can speak for in Oklahoma. This will not disqualify you. You are allowed to spank your birth children, however, you will not be able to spank the child they place in your care. You can even be loud. You just can't be physically, emotionally, or sexually abusive or neglectful.
1 Liked
 likes this.
Advertisements