Advertisements
Advertisements
My name is Cathy and I was adopted through the Children's Home Society (CHS) in San Jose, CA on July 5, 1958. I was born in a hospital, but I don't know which one. I found out my birthmother's name is Nancy Gale Ewell and my birthfather's name is Thomas Ernst Meeker. Both of them are deceased and I never got to meet them, although I have met relatives from each side. I was adopted by William and Dorothy Cubberley and physically placed with them about 3 weeks after my birth.
My question is about where I was kept between the time of my birth and my physical placement with my adoptive parents. Was I put into a foster home or was I kept at the CHS building itself? I have searched the internet, but I have not been able to find an answer. There is no longer an office for CHS in San Jose and I did not send a service request form since I already know the names of my birth parents.
Does anyone know the procedure that was used by CHS in CA in 1958 to house a baby before he/she was physically placed with the adoptive parents? Any information would be greatly appreciated.